Thursday, April 25, 2019

V: Victoria House #AtoZChallenge



Not to be confused with the famous Victoria Memorial in Calcutta, the Victoria House is the headquarters of Calcutta Electric Supply Corporation (CESC) from 1933. The building is old and beautifully maintained!
Now why, you wonder would I pick Victoria House over the memorial? Because the internet is flooded with stuff on Victoria Memorial and hardly anyone mentions Victoria House. Because it's a gorgeous old building located very strategically and flanked by the Statesman House and Paradise Cinema hall. Because it's close to many old and iconic eating joints. And because my dad worked in CESC and I have many fond memories of this building. I would go pretty often, my dad's colleagues even kept a stash of chocolates for me in their drawers...
Those were indeed the days!


Image credit:https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Victoria_House_-_Esplanade_-_Kolkata_2011-09-11_00540.jpg#mw-jump-to-license

No comments:

Post a Comment