Ah, fudges. Walnut filled crunchy, chewy fudges. Again, my mom used to make them. In fact a lot of my cooking, recipes are from her. Anyway, come winter, our house would be filled with the aroma of cakes and baking.Mom was known for her Christmas cakes and roasts,
And sometimes, in winter, if she was in the mood for it, Mom also made chocolate fudge. In fact when I went away to college Mom sometimes made me some to take back with me. You can bet it barely lasted a day!
EASY WALNUT FUDGE:
- Cocoa powder 1/2 cup
- Chopped walnuts: 1 cup
- Condensed milk: 1 cup
- Butter: 1/2 cup
- Sugar 2 tbsp
- Vanilla Essence: a few drops
- Heat a non -stick pan, add condensed milk, butter, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla essence and mix well. Cook on a medium flame for about 2/3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from flame, add walnuts and mix well.
- Transfer immediately onto a greased dish or tray.
- Once it cools a little, shape into balls or squares and set aside to cool completely.
- You may want to keep it in the refrigerator to set if it's too hot outside.