Friday, April 25, 2014

'V' is for the View from my Verandah

Calcutta summers are hot. And humid. And sweltering. But come evening, there's a cool Southern breeze to calm the city down. When I am home and free, I like to stand at our verandah and watch the city as it moves towards the evening.
There are the school kids on their way home. The parents, the jostling, the crowded buses, the chaos. See that green thingie like a wheel in the right hand corner of the photograph? That's the sugarcane juice guy. And see the traffic, one big mess!
Turn to the other side. Some people have blocked half the road for some festival. They are making the pandal which explains all the bamboo and stuff, and the lines which are tiny little bulbs to light at night. And that car is winging my daughters home after a long day at school.
I love holidays, I love to travel but this is home. After a long hard hot day this is where I am, this is where I live.

2 comments:

  1. what a lively view from your window. Thanks for sharing it.





    http://ceciliaaclark.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit too lively at times, but yeah, it's home! :)

    ReplyDelete