Saturday, April 16, 2016

N: NORMAN Bates

No, not the guy in the blockbuster Alfred Hitchcock movie, "Psycho" but the guy in the book by Robert Bloch. I heard about the movie and was intrigued but those were the days when there were no VCD players and movies rare. In fact I first saw "Psycho" soon thereafter at a foreign film festival. But I remember bringing the book home from the library and lying awake at night wondering if anyone I knew could be like Norman Bates!!!

You see, “I think perhaps all of us go a little crazy at times.” 
― Robert BlochPsycho

5 comments:

  1. I don't suppose I even thought about what Psycho the film was based on before - whenever anyone says the title it's instantly the film (not that I've ever watched it) that pops into one's head! However, often the book can be even darker as the author allows us to see glimpses of the thoughts of characters that often a film just can't so I can understand how you could be kept awake at night. Lovely to find your blog through the Challenge :)
    Pempi
    A Stormy Sidekick
    Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, heading over to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep forgetting Psycho was a book first. I really should read it...unless it's going to completely creep me out. Your description is making me think it might.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing describes life as well as the quote you just mentioned! Bang on!

    Cheers,
    Deepa
    Deepa’s Kaleidoscope

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing describes life as well as the quote you just mentioned! Bang on!

    Cheers,
    Deepa
    Deepa’s Kaleidoscope

    ReplyDelete