Tuesday, April 14, 2015

"L" is for Lemons! A to Z Challenge, Day 12.

When life gives you lemons.....
...
...
...
add some Tequila and salt! 

Jokes aside, a slice of lime improves the taste of almost anything, specially Indian food. The spouse will not agree, but try a few drops on anything from boring old daal to kofta to fish fry makes the dish that much more lively!

And lemon has other uses too. I remember when we were in school and at a very impressionable age, we had this rather sexy English teacher at school. She was tall and very elegant and, among other things, known for her tiny blouses teamed with well draped Georgette sarees. She never taught my class but there was this one free period where she came to sit in and started telling us how important it was for a lady to be well groomed. "Lemons," she told us, "are magical for cleaning elbows!" We looked at her, stunned. It was like she was talking in Double Dutch. "When I go home," she continued, "I take a lemon and make lemonade. And then I take the two halves and turn them inside out. As I watch TV and sip my lemonade, I rub the lemon peels on my elbows. They stay clean and do not look black." All of us promptly checked our grimy elbows...

Somehow I never got round to following the beauty tip, but I haven't forgotten it either! 

1 comment:

  1. I dropped by on the A-Z, and enjoyed your post. Lemons are so great, and versatile--what you write reminds me of the famous scene in Atlantic City, with Susan Sarandon washing herself with lemons.

    http://shrinkrapped.com/

    ReplyDelete