Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Poems and other knick knacks!!!

Well, there are things we do not understand and things we are not meant to understand. And sometimes the world asks us to fight for things we do not understand and whose significance we never will discover. And a fight does not necessarily mean going out there guns blazing, we all have our own little battles...which leave us scarred. And the peace we broker is never easy....


LISTEN TO MY HEART

Listen. Can you hear the sound:
vacuous and painful, hollow and loud
it’s music from my heart,
a heart shorn of all desire,
reduced to tears; it’s a start
an escape from the fire
that purifies the soul.
(only then, why is it so cold?)

When you smile your eyes
light into my nights
and when you’re gone the skies
bleed into sunlight
ghastly and bright
filled with disrespectful light.

Give me darkness:
it’s the gift I choose. You
cannot refuse. And send
me your cloak of darkness too
let me hide among the folds,
be it dark, be it cold.

And when this life is over,
let it be known as true:
I had my weaknesses and my faults,
but I was happy. Inspite of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment